Welfare economics and distribution of income
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 1996/1997
- G. Debreu, Theory of Value : An Axiomatic Analysis of Economic Equilibrium,
Yale University Press, 1986, (first published in 1959).
- A. Mas-Colell, M.D. Whinston, and J. Green,
Microeconomic Theory, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, 1995.
Reference are from Mas-Colell, Whinston, and Green
- Individual preferences and utility functions (1B, pp.6-9; 2A-2C,
pp.17-20; 3C, pp.46-50)
- Pareto ordering, and Pareto efficiency (10B, pp.312-316; 15; 16)
- The relationship between Price equilibrium and efficiency.
- Preference based Social Welfare functions
- Distribution of income.
- Measurement of inequality.
- Inequality and social welfare functions.
- Taxation and Redistribution of Income.