Nir Dagan, Ph.D. - Curriculum Vitae
The latest version of this document is available at <http://www.nirdagan.com/dagan_cv.pdf>
A printable PDF version
[Non-academic employment and activities]
- Mail address
- Dr. Nir Dagan
3 HaShoftim St.
- Cell phone
- +972-58-6887182 (Calling within Israel: 058-6887182)
- Home phone
- +972-3-6709341 (Calling within Israel: 03-6709341)
- Web site
- Google Scholar citations
- LinkedIn profile
- Full time appointments
- October 2009-September 2010
- Senior lecturer, Dept. of Economics and Management, Tel-Hai College, Upper Galilee.
- October 2003-September 2008
- Lecturer, Dept. of Economics and Business, The College of Judea and Samaria/Ariel University Center of Samaria, Ariel.
- September 1999-June 2000
- Visiting assistant professor, Dept. of Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI.
- September 1995-January 1999
- Assistant professor, Dept. of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona.
- January 1997-March 1997
- Visiting scholar, Dept. of Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI.
- February 1995-August 1995
- Visiting assistant professor, Dept. of Economics, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Getafe.
- Part time appointments
- February 2015-now
- Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Economics, College of Management Academic Studies, Rishon LeZion.
- October 2013-January 2014
- Teaching fellow, Dept. of Economics and Management, Academic College of Emek Yezreel, Yezreel Valley.
- March 2010-June 2010, March 2011-June 2011, October 2012-march 2013
- Teaching fellow/Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Economics, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva and Eilat.
- November 2011-July 2012
- Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Economics, Achva Academic Campus, Shikmim.
- February 2011-August 2011
- Teaching fellow, Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv.
- October 2008-August 2009
- Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Economics and Management, Tel-Hai College, Upper Galilee.
- October 2008-September 2009
- Teaching fellow, Dept. of Management, Guilford Glazer School of Business and Management, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva.
- March 2009-August 2009, October 2009-January 2010
- Teaching fellow/Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Agricultural Economics and Management, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot.
- March 1999-June 1999
- Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Economics and Business, the Academic College of Tel-Aviv-Yaffo, Tel-Aviv.
- Teaching assistant, Dept. of Economics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem.
- July 1987-August 1987
- Teaching assistant, Dept. of Economics, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv.
Non-academic employment and activities
- April 2001-now
- Founder and principal, Academic Priority Ltd.
- February 2015-now
- Instructor, Revadim Center for Gifted Children, Shoham, Israel.
- Member, Web accessibility mission group, Israel Internet Association.
- February 1986-December 2004
- Soldier (reserve service), Israel Defense Forces.
- July 2000-April 2001
- Independent web developer
- Treasurer, Teaching and Research Assistants Workers' Committee at HUJI
- February 1983-January 1986
- Soldier (regular service), Israel Defense Forces.
- October 1982-December 1982
- Worker, Handasat Hatpala, (now: IDE Technologies Ltd.), Herzliya.
- Ph.D. in Economics
- 1996, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem.
Thesis: On consistency and strategy-proofness in economic models,
Advisers: Sergiu Hart and Eyal Winter.
- M.A. in Economics
- 1991, magna cum laude, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem.
Thesis: On the credibility of the core of coalitional games,
Adviser: Motty Perry.
- B.A. in Economics
- 1987, magna cum laude, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv.
The language of instruction is stated in parentheses.
- Graduate (English)
- 2009 Mini-Course on Oligopoly Theory.
- 1999/2000 Topics in economic theory.
- 1998/1999 Topics in microeconomics.
- 1995-1998 Topics in microeconomics; introduction to mathematics.
- Graduate (Hebrew)
- 2015 Game theory
- 2009 Microeconomic theory.
- Undergraduate (English)
- 1999/2000 Intermediate microeconomics; bargaining
theory and applications.
- 1998/1999 Microeconomics I.
- 1997/1998 Economic theory I;
- 1995-1997 Bargaining;
industrial organization; welfare economics.
- 1994/1995 Economics of organizations; mathematics I.
- Undergraduate (Hebrew)
- 2013/2014 Intermediate microeconomics.
- 2012/2013 Industrial organization; international trade.
- 2011/2012 Intermediate microeconomics.
- 2010/2011 Game theory; international trade.
- 2009/2010 Intermediate microeconomics; game theory; supervision of undergraduate thesis writing project; introduction to microeconomics; econometrics.
- 2008/2009 Econometrics; international trade; introduction to microeconomics; introduction to macroeconomics; individual and social choice.
- 2005-2008 Intermediate microeconomics; game theory; econometrics; supervision of undergraduate thesis writing project.
- 2003-2005 Intermediate microeconomics; game theory.
- 1998/1999 Mathematical methods for economists.
- 1991-1994 Intermediate microeconomics; introduction to micro economics.
Enriqueta Aragones, Nir Dagan, Andreu Mas-Colell (project head), Rosemarie Nagel, Roberto Serrano, and Joaquim Silvestre, Dirección General de Investigación Científica y Técnica PB95-0983,
Mercados, Juegos y Decisiones (Markets, Games, and Decisions),
November 1996-November 1999.
- Refereeing (since 2005) for
- Econometrica, Economic Theory, Economics Bulletin, European Economic Review, Games and Economic Behavior, International Game Theory Review, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of Political Economy, Journal of Public Economic Theory, and Social Choice and Welfare.
Invited lectures (since 2009)
- November 12, 2009. Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva.
- March 24, 2009. Max Stern Academic College of Emek Yezreel, Emek Yezreel.
- February 20, 2009. Universidad del Pais Vasco, Bilbao.
- February 17, 2009. Universidad de Vigo, Vigo.
- Google Scholar citations, <http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=JtV2J98AAAAJ>
Work in progress
- Nir Dagan, Linear pricing in monopoly and oligopoly,
- Nir Dagan, Oligopoly as a coalitional game,
- Nir Dagan, An axiomatization of the leveling tax-transfer policy,
- Nir Dagan and Yossi Tobol, Tax evasion, informants, and optimal auditing policy,
- Nir Dagan, Oscar Volij, and Eyal Winter, The time preference Nash solution, D.P. #265, Center for Rationality and Interactive Decision Theory, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem (2001)
- Nir Dagan, A critique on the theory of linear price monopoly,
- Nir Dagan, Recontracting and competition,
Economics W.P. 152, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona (1996)
- Nir Dagan, Consistency and the Walrasian allocations correspondence,
Economics W.P. 151, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona (1996)
- Nir Dagan, Extensive form games with coalitional actions,
- Nir Dagan, Consistent solutions in exchange economies: a characterization of the price mechanism,
Economics W.P. 141, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona (1995)
- Nir Dagan, Oscar Volij, and Eyal Winter, A characterization of the Nash bargaining solution,
Social Choice and Welfare 19:811-823 (2002)
- Nir Dagan and Oscar Volij, Formation of nations in a welfare-state minded world,
Journal of Public Economic Theory 2:157-181 (2000)
- Nir Dagan, Roberto Serrano, and Oscar Volij, Bargaining, coalitions, and competition,
Economic Theory 15:279-296 (2000)
- Nir Dagan, Roberto Serrano, and Oscar Volij, Feasible implementation of taxation methods,
Review of Economic Design 4:57-72 (1999)
- Nir Dagan, Roberto Serrano, and Oscar Volij, Comment on McLennan and Sonnenschein "Sequential bargaining as a non-cooperative foundation for Walrasian
equilibrium", Econometrica 66:1231-1233 (1998)
- Nir Dagan and Roberto Serrano, Invariance and randomness in the Nash program for coalitional games,
Economics Letters 58:43-49 (1998)
- Nir Dagan, Roberto Serrano, and Oscar Volij, A noncooperative view of consistent bankruptcy rules,
Games and Economic Behavior 18:55-72 (1997)
- Nir Dagan and Oscar Volij, Bilateral comparisons and consistent fair division rules in the context of bankruptcy problems,
International Journal of Game Theory 26:11-25 (1997)
- Nir Dagan, A note on Thomson's characterizations of the uniform rule,
Journal of Economic Theory 69:255-261 (1996)
- Nir Dagan, New characterizations of old bankruptcy rules,
Social Choice and Welfare 13:51-59 (1996)
- Nir Dagan and Oscar Volij, The bankruptcy problem: a cooperative bargaining
approach, Mathematical Social Sciences 26:287-297 (1993)