Nir Dagan, Ph.D. - Curriculum Vitae
[Non-academic employment and activities]
- Mail address
- Dr. Nir Dagan
- Cell phone
- +972-58-6887182 (Calling within Israel: 058-6887182)
- Web site
- Google Scholar citations
- LinkedIn profile
- Full time appointments
- October 2009-September 2010
- Senior lecturer, Dept. of Economics and Management, Tel-Hai College, Upper Galilee.
- October 2003-September 2008
- Lecturer, Dept. of Economics and Business, The College of Judea and Samaria/Ariel University Center of Samaria, Ariel.
- September 1999-June 2000
- Visiting assistant professor, Dept. of Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI.
- September 1995-January 1999
- Assistant professor, Dept. of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona.
- January 1997-March 1997
- Visiting scholar, Dept. of Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI.
- February 1995-August 1995
- Visiting assistant professor, Dept. of Economics, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Getafe.
- Part time appointments
- February 2015-May 2015
- Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Economics, College of Management Academic Studies, Rishon LeZion.
- October 2013-January 2014
- Teaching fellow, Dept. of Economics and Management, Academic College of Emek Yezreel, Yezreel Valley.
- March 2010-June 2010, March 2011-June 2011, October 2012-march 2013
- Teaching fellow/Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Economics, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva and Eilat.
- November 2011-July 2012
- Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Economics, Achva Academic Campus, Shikmim.
- February 2011-August 2011
- Teaching fellow, Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv.
- October 2008-August 2009
- Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Economics and Management, Tel-Hai College, Upper Galilee.
- October 2008-September 2009
- Teaching fellow, Dept. of Management, Guilford Glazer School of Business and Management, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva.
- March 2009-August 2009, October 2009-January 2010
- Teaching fellow/Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Agricultural Economics and Management, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot.
- March 1999-June 1999
- Adjunct lecturer, Dept. of Economics and Business, the Academic College of Tel-Aviv-Yaffo, Tel-Aviv.
- Teaching assistant, Dept. of Economics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem.
- July 1987-August 1987
- Teaching assistant, Dept. of Economics, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv.
Non-academic employment and activities
- April 2001-now
- Founder and principal, Academic Priority Ltd.
- February 2015-June 2015
- Instructor, Revadim Center for Gifted Children, Shoham, Israel.
- Member, Web accessibility mission group, Israel Internet Association.
- February 1986-December 2004
- Soldier (reserve service), Israel Defense Forces.
- July 2000-April 2001
- Independent web developer
- Treasurer, Teaching and Research Assistants Workers' Committee at HUJI
- February 1983-January 1986
- Soldier (regular service), Israel Defense Forces.
- October 1982-December 1982
- Worker, Handasat Hatpala, (now: IDE Technologies Ltd.), Herzliya.
- Ph.D. in Economics
- 1996, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem.
Thesis: On consistency and strategy-proofness in economic models,
Advisers: Sergiu Hart and Eyal Winter.
- M.A. in Economics
- 1991, magna cum laude, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem.
Thesis: On the credibility of the core of coalitional games,
Adviser: Motty Perry.
- B.A. in Economics
- 1987, magna cum laude, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv.
The language of instruction is stated in parentheses.
- Graduate (English)
- 2009 Mini-Course on Oligopoly Theory.
- 1999/2000 Topics in economic theory.
- 1998/1999 Topics in microeconomics.
- 1995-1998 Topics in microeconomics; introduction to mathematics.
- Graduate (Hebrew)
- 2015 Game theory
- 2009 Microeconomic theory.
- Undergraduate (English)
- 1999/2000 Intermediate microeconomics; bargaining
theory and applications.
- 1998/1999 Microeconomics I.
- 1997/1998 Economic theory I;
- 1995-1997 Bargaining;
industrial organization; welfare economics.
- 1994/1995 Economics of organizations; mathematics I.
- Undergraduate (Hebrew)
- 2013/2014 Intermediate microeconomics.
- 2012/2013 Industrial organization; international trade.
- 2011/2012 Intermediate microeconomics.
- 2010/2011 Game theory; international trade.
- 2009/2010 Intermediate microeconomics; game theory; supervision of undergraduate thesis writing project; introduction to microeconomics; econometrics.
- 2008/2009 Econometrics; international trade; introduction to microeconomics; introduction to macroeconomics; individual and social choice.
- 2005-2008 Intermediate microeconomics; game theory; econometrics; supervision of undergraduate thesis writing project.
- 2003-2005 Intermediate microeconomics; game theory.
- 1998/1999 Mathematical methods for economists.
- 1991-1994 Intermediate microeconomics; introduction to micro economics.
- Google Scholar citations, <http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=JtV2J98AAAAJ>
Work in progress
- Nir Dagan, Linear pricing in monopoly and oligopoly,
- Nir Dagan, Oligopoly as a coalitional game,
- Nir Dagan, An axiomatization of the leveling tax-transfer policy,
- Nir Dagan and Yossi Tobol, Tax evasion, informants, and optimal auditing policy,
- Nir Dagan, Oscar Volij, and Eyal Winter, The time preference Nash solution, D.P. #265, Center for Rationality and Interactive Decision Theory, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem (2001)
- Nir Dagan, A critique on the theory of linear price monopoly,
- Nir Dagan, Recontracting and competition,
Economics W.P. 152, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona (1996)
- Nir Dagan, Consistency and the Walrasian allocations correspondence,
Economics W.P. 151, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona (1996)
- Nir Dagan, Extensive form games with coalitional actions,
- Nir Dagan, Consistent solutions in exchange economies: a characterization of the price mechanism,
Economics W.P. 141, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona (1995)
- Nir Dagan, Oscar Volij, and Eyal Winter, A characterization of the Nash bargaining solution,
Social Choice and Welfare 19:811-823 (2002)
- Nir Dagan and Oscar Volij, Formation of nations in a welfare-state minded world,
Journal of Public Economic Theory 2:157-181 (2000)
- Nir Dagan, Roberto Serrano, and Oscar Volij, Bargaining, coalitions, and competition,
Economic Theory 15:279-296 (2000)
- Nir Dagan, Roberto Serrano, and Oscar Volij, Feasible implementation of taxation methods,
Review of Economic Design 4:57-72 (1999)
- Nir Dagan, Roberto Serrano, and Oscar Volij, Comment on McLennan and Sonnenschein "Sequential bargaining as a non-cooperative foundation for Walrasian
equilibrium", Econometrica 66:1231-1233 (1998)
- Nir Dagan and Roberto Serrano, Invariance and randomness in the Nash program for coalitional games,
Economics Letters 58:43-49 (1998)
- Nir Dagan, Roberto Serrano, and Oscar Volij, A noncooperative view of consistent bankruptcy rules,
Games and Economic Behavior 18:55-72 (1997)
- Nir Dagan and Oscar Volij, Bilateral comparisons and consistent fair division rules in the context of bankruptcy problems,
International Journal of Game Theory 26:11-25 (1997)
- Nir Dagan, A note on Thomson's characterizations of the uniform rule,
Journal of Economic Theory 69:255-261 (1996)
- Nir Dagan, New characterizations of old bankruptcy rules,
Social Choice and Welfare 13:51-59 (1996)
- Nir Dagan and Oscar Volij, The bankruptcy problem: a cooperative bargaining
approach, Mathematical Social Sciences 26:287-297 (1993)